Reminder checklist for the day of your visit:
- Bring all medications that your child takes regularly or has taken within the past week. If you prefer, you can bring a list of the medications your child uses. Please include the names, doses AND frequency of use of each medication.
- If your child is ill at all during the week before your study visit, please contact us immediately, as we may need to reschedule your visit.
- Furthermore, if you find that your child needs to take any of the following medications 24 hours prior to the study visit, please contact us immediately, as we may need to reschedule your appointment:
- Any antihistamines [e.g., Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec, or any other allergy medicines]
- Cold medications (e.g., Decongestants such as Mucinex, cough suppressants such as Dayquil/Nyquil, etc.)
- Asthma medications
- ADHD medications
- Medications for hypertension/high blood pressure
- If you are unsure whether a medication your child is taking falls within any of the above categories, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- We ask that your child NOT consume any caffeine, including tea, coffee and soda. Please have your child drink two glasses of water prior to arriving on the morning of the visit.
- We recommend eating a full meal beforehand as the visit is long and we only have one snack break.
- If you would like to bring food in for your child, we request that they avoid eating sugary, salty, or acidic foods.
- If applicable, we ask that your child not wear an underwire bra as it can interfere with the data from the heart rate monitor (a wireless or sports bra would be just fine).
- If your child wears a binder, we also encourage them to wear a sports bra, however, if they feel strongly about wearing their binder, that is okay.
- For the comfort of your child, we ask that they wear a loose-fitting shirt so that there is room for the heart rate monitor. Please, no dresses.
- We recommend that both you and your child bring light sweaters, as the lab space can be chilly at times.
- And finally, we suggest that you bring a book, laptop, or activity for the final 1-2 hours of the study while your child is completing their activities.
For our address, phone number, and a map of our location, click here.